These are PC-ORD
version 5 and associated fixes.
You will get all the fixes when you download (Specific List Below).
Note these fixes will only work if you have purchased PC-ORD Version 5.
Download if the last version update below is greater than your version noted in the Help | About of PC-ORD.
These are the last fixes for Version 5. All future fixes will apply to Version 6.
PC-ORD Fixes 5.33 (2911 KB)
XP or Earlier
Vista or 7
|Click here to start download of pc5fixes.exe|
Click here for the OakWoods Data Set Example
* ver. 5.33 Fixed File | Import | Excel with Excel 2010.
* ver. 5.32 Removed unnecessary block on cluster analyses with Euclidean distance and empty rows. For Summary | Write Distance Matrix, fixed failure to write xls and xlsx formats when header lines are not included.
* ver. 5.31 Fixed problem with Cluster Analysis refusing to read data under certain conditions. Improved error protection for Graph | Distributions. Fix for analysis progress bar not visible after screensaver wakes up. Removed unnecessary block on squared Euclidean distance in Graph Ordination | Statistics | Percent of Variance. Fixed PC-ORD transparent windows on some computers.
* ver. 5.30 Fixed Summary | Species List | Full Species Names.
* ver. 5.29 Fixed Graph | Ordination 3D | Copy, Save, Print, and Save Animated GIF for Vista Color scheme | Windows Vista Standard and Windows Aero.
* ver. 5.28 Fixed Summary | Write Distance Matrix | xls | Distance Matrix Format | list
* ver. 5.27 Added 3D graph fix for fuzzy text. See in the Help Graph Preferences | 3D | Hide labels that are behind graph.
* ver. 5.26 Fixed exporting xlsx file types.
* ver. 5.25 Fixed formatting problem (output conversion error) with more than 10,000 species in Indicator Species Analysis.
* ver. 5.24 Fixed MRPP to allow excluding particular groups from pairwise contrasts.
* ver. 5.23 Fixed incorrect results for pairwise contrasts with randomized complete block designs in PerMANOVA.
* ver. 5.22 Added option to successional vector overlay on ordination, the option allowing a single sample unit at multiple dates.
* ver. 5.21 Fixed File | Export | Matrix | Excel an other Excel save options as .xls for those with Excel 2007. Successional Vectors dialog clarified. Does not not affect graphing.
* ver. 5.20 Changed NMS autopilot criteria to accept 1D solution if stress is very low (< 10 stress units), even if randomization test is not met. In this case, a 2D solution is accepted only if further reduces stress by over 5 units. Fixed Modify Data | Transpose Matrix with matrices with only one row or one column. Operation was blocked.
* ver. 5.19 Several minor improvements including improvement for help accessibility across network.
* ver. 5.18 Changed output format to allow huge distances in outlier analysis.
* ver. 5.17 Fixed compat format import for files with international decimal.
* ver. 5.16 Fixed Excel import for files with international decimal.
* ver. 5.15 Fix for help system not being available over the network. Fix for importing Excel .xlsx files with greater than 701 (ZZ) columns. Changed measure of kurtosis to a more standard form, for example, that used in Excel 2003. The results differ appreciably only at small sample sizes.
* ver. 5.14 Saving graphs out of memory error handling for high resolutions fixed and maximum resolution increased from 400% (approximately 380 dpi) to 700% (approximately 670 dpi).
* ver. 5.13 Fixed rounding error problem calculating stability in NMS for extremely stable solutions. Added trap for matrix files with 'division by zero' values in cells (#VALUE! and #DIV/0!).
* ver. 5.12 Added international decimal and list separator support for File | Import and File | Export file formats.
* ver. 5.11 Fix for "xx.x is not a float point value." error message.
* ver. 5.10 Added Excel 2007 *.xlsx file type.
* ver. 5.09 Added Help system that runs under Windows Vista.
* ver. 5.08 Fixed minor error with Select Grouping Variable in Graph menu.
* ver. 5.07 Added xls support for the following: 1) Summary | Write Distance Matrix | File Type | *.xls, 2) Graph | Graph Ordination | 2D/3D | File | Save Scores As | Row/Col | Spreadsheet | Save as | *.xls, and 3) Ordination | NMSScores | Write Scores To | Speadsheet | Choose | Save as | *.xls.
* ver. 5.06 Fixed Graph | 2D | Reflection inconsistency with different combination of axes. Improved method for scaling distance-based biplot.
* ver. 5.05 Fixed Graph | 2D | Rotation. For ordination with 3 axes, rotation in one plane corrected in other views.
* ver. 5.04 Fixed Graph | 2D reflection of species.
* ver. 5.03 In perMANOVA, corrected small difference in p-value between ANOVA table and tabulated statistics from ranodomizations (the former was correct). Changed action of Joint Plot so that it can be superimposed on any of the different kinds of ordination diagrams (including vectors and grids). Added Plexus Overlay as option for ordination diagrams. This superimposes lines showing associations between species, based on standardized chi-square distances. Added Group | Hide Categories menu option to ordination and scatterplot graphs to hide a selected set of points based on categorical variables in the second matrix.
* ver. 5.02 Fixed Ordination | Weighted Averaging.
* ver. 5.01 Fixed showing ordination legend when just Color Code Vectors preference checked. Fixed NMS Scree Plot legend Real Data symbol size. Fixed enabling 3D graph animation menu item. 3D graph symbols dimensionality improved. 3D graph symbol labeling option added. 3D graph Labels From option added. 3D graph 'sticks' (perpendicular lines from point to baseplate) option added. Added 3D graph rotation dragging. Added Two-way Cluster Dendrogram and Ordered Main Matrix | Preferences | Styles | Line Weights | Matrix Element and Presence Color. Fixed Ordered Main Matrix spacing between elements.