Denice F. Smith
Troy, Missouri 63379
To attain a creative position in education, helping children achieve their potential.
- A.A., Howard College, Big Spring, Texas, 1972.
- B.A., Art, West Texas State University. Canyon, Texas, 1975.
- M.S. Elementary Education, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri, 1996.
- Missouri, Elementary grades K-8.
- Missouri, English, grades 7-12.
- Missouri, Art, grades K-12.
- 1984-Present, Lincoln County R-IV, Winfield, Missouri. Taught 5-8 art, fifth grade and fourth grade.
- 1982-1983, Shelby County R-IV, Clarence, Missouri. Taught 1-8 art and 1-5 Remedial Math.
Workshops and Presentations:
- Co-presenter at Missouri's Math-Science Interface 1995 and 1996.
- Presenter at NCTM Regional Convention, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996.
- Presenter at NCTM Regional Convention, St. Louis, Missouri, 1998.
- Served on several textbook selection committees.
- Served on curriculum committee and wrote fifth grade math curriculum, 1996.
- Piloted Houghton-Mifflin reading series which was adopted by district for Intermediate grades.
- MSTA building representative, Lincoln Co. R-IV.