Charles Thomas Smith
535 Cap Au Gris
Troy, Missouri 63379
To attain a challenging position in education, providing
hands-on educational experience for adolescents.
- A.A., Jefferson College, Hillsboro, Missouri 1968.
- B.S., Elementary Education, West Texas State University,
Canyon, Texas, 1975.
- Completed more than 55 hours of graduate work.
- Currently enrolled in Master of Education program at Southwest
Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri.
- Missouri, Elementary grades 1-8.
- Missouri, Math grades 7-9.
- Texas, Elementary grades 1-8.
- 1998 - Present, McGrath Elementary, Brentwood, Missouri.
Teaching fifth grade all subjects, but specializing in math.
- 1990 - 1998, Wright City Middle School, Wright City, Missouri.
Taught eighth grade math, eighth grade algebra, 7th grade
pre-algebra, computer class, and problem solving.
- 1984 - 1990, Lincoln County R-IV, Winfield, Missouri. Taught
sixth grade. Specialized in math for two years.
- 1976 - 1984, Ralls County R-II, Center, Missouri. Taught 3rd
grade for 2 years, sixth grade for 1 year, and specialized in
math-science for grades 4-6 for three years.
- 1976 - 1978, Sacred Heart Elementary, Muenster, Texas. Taught
Workshops and Presentations:
- Master Consultant for Missouri Middle School Mathematics
- Presenter at Missouri's Math Attack 1993, 1994, 1995, and
- Presenter at NCTM Regional Convention, Kansas City, Missouri,
- Presenter at NCTM Regional Convention, St. Louis, Missouri,
- On-line facilitator for PBS's Mathline 1995-1996.
- Presenter at Missouri's Math-Science Interface 1995 and
- Local facilitator for a graduate level distance education math
class, Central Missouri State University, 1994.
- Sponsor of various academic competition teams.
- Sponsor of Quiz Bowl contests.
- Piloted a computer based math program, The Expert
Mathematician, which emphasizes hands-on experiences.
- President and Vice President of Community Teachers
Association, Lincoln County R-IV.
- Served on several textbook selection committees.
- Served on several curriculum committees.
- Technology Coordinator/Technician.
- MoreNet Technology Specialist for Wright City School
- Macintosh, DOS, and Windows.
- Hypermedia experience: Hyperstudio, PowerPoint, and
- Logo and BASIC languages.
- Skill in word processing, spreadsheet, database and
- Computer repair/maintenance skills.
- Internet experience including maintenance and design of
various educational web pages.